Designer - Network Drawings and New Customer Connections
- Work on some of the region's most exciting projects
- Growing, stable company - work close to home in Paraparaumu, support your community
- Competitive salary package
Electra is an electricity distributor with over 90 years of experience in the Horowhenua and Kapiti regions. The Electra Group consists of Electra Ltd, Electra Generation, and Electra Services - a diverse group of companies that operate across New Zealand. We are a vibrant company that continuously searches for the right opportunity to grow our business.
We are seeking an energetic and highly organised person to join our team as a Designer - New Customer Connections.
On a daily basis we assist customers who need a power connection. If it is not a straight forward connect, then a design needs to be done and that is where you come in!
On a daily basis you will:
- Design and/or specify electrical and mechanical equipment to be installed
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders for approval, consent, pricing
- Ensure all designs and specifications comply with industry standards
- Check designs supplied by external contractors as required.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2 year's experience in a similar customer connections designer role preferably within the construction, telecom or energy industry.
- Previous experience in design work
- Proficient in computer literacy with advanced knowledge of GIS and CAD software
- Effective communicator
- A good understanding of electrical regulations and requirements
What's in it for you?
- A positive, collaborative and fun work environment
- A team that cares about you and your career
- Opportunities to cross train and upskill into other roles within our team and wider business as available
- Medical insurance and a competitive hourly rate