- Join an industry leader
- Excellent career opportunity, supportive team, work life balance
- Great salary package
Our team's ethos is 'we are better together than individually' and we have an opportunity for a Network Operator to join us, to safely control our electrical network.
Electra is an electricity distributor with over 90 years of experience in the Horowhenua and Kapiti regions. The Electra Group consists of Electra Ltd, Electra Generation, and Electra Services - a diverse group of companies that operate across New Zealand. We are a vibrant company that continuously searches for the right opportunity to grow our business and being locally owned with a great community service ethos, we provide local jobs and believe in investing back into our communities.
As our Network Operator, you will be responsible for safely controlling Electra's electrical network under both normal and fault conditions. You will mainly maintain supply to consumers and ensure that those working on it do so safely and efficiently. You will also be responsible for collecting and maintaining network performance, reliability and condition data.
We will look to you to:
- Create switching schedules
- Coordination of supply interruptions for routine maintenance
- Monitor and control of the network to ensure a reliable supply
- Manage electricity load demands and the ingress of Distributed Energy Sources
- Direct field staff in the rectification of supply interruptions during incidents and major events
We are looking for a person with 5 years of experience in the electrical or related technical industry, with excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
Other important skills include:
- Clear verbal and written communication skills as you will be liaising with various stakeholders within and outside of the business
- Experience with ADMS Control systems is advantageous (e.g. Milsoft,GE or Schneider)
- Experience with Distributed Energy Resource management
We are looking for a person with a fantastic attitude who will live and breath the values of Electra: Safe, Professional, Integrity, Accountable, Respect and who wants to be part of a high performing team!