Asset Assurance Engineer
- Key safety and productivity role
- Beautiful regional location with experiencing significant growth and development
- Competitive salary package including fully subsidised medical insurance
Electra is an electricity distributor with over 90 years of experience in the Horowhenua and Kapiti regions. The Electra Group consists of Electra Ltd, Electra Generation, and Electra Services - a diverse group of companies that operate across New Zealand. We are a vibrant company that continuously searches for the right opportunities and people to grow our business, providing relocation assistance where needed.
About the Role
You will be responsible for managing the application of Safety in Design principles throughout our work activities spanning design, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance and eventual disposal. In this, you will be working with our internal and external delivery partners ensuring planning and execution is carried out to a high standard.
You'll work closely with the Network Planning and Development Manager to ensure compliance and excellence in coordination with other PCBUs, with your key responsibilities to include:
- Custodianship and development of Electra's Public Safety Management System and standards
- Reviewing contractor submissions for authorisation on Electra's network
- Proactively developing and implementing ongoing performance improvement initiatives
- Overseeing our equipment selection processes for safety in design and asset management best practices, you influence what enters our network!
You have substantial experience in engineering and work management systems ideally in electrical transmission or distribution sector. You will have a commissioning, contractor management or QA, health/safety background and you will understand how the application of safety and risk assessments lead business best practice in asset assurance.
You are passionate about driving material change and pride yourself on your influencing, stakeholder management and coaching skills. You'll have a proven track record at delivering innovative improvement outcomes and operating documented management systems for safety, quality and risk. Of course, you will have a relevant tertiary qualification in a related technical field and ideally a certificate/diploma in safety or quality assurance.
Other attributes you could bring that would be highly valued include:
- Knowledge of and application of Safety in Design Principles throughout the project and asset lifecycles
- Experience with business process re-engineering
- Project management qualifications and/or experience
Here at Electra, we are committed to safety and take our social and ethical responsibilities seriously. If you do too, you could be part of a diverse team responsible for running safe, reliable and efficient networks throughout the region.
Here are just some of the benefits of working for Electra:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Interesting diverse work
- Key focus on development of staff
- Competitive remuneration package which includes fully subsidised medical insurance
Joining Electra will see you joining a locally focused, growing organisation with clients and partners throughout the Horowhenua and Kapiti regions. We are proud of the work that we do and our meticulous focus on health and safety and customer centric solutions.